How it works
When a HeartSine samaritan PAD, LIFEPAK CR2, LIFEPAK CR Plus or LIFEPAK Express AED is used to save a life, the survivor chooses an organization to receive the donated AED. The survivor can choose to make their donation to the organization anonymously or be part of a public announcement.
If you have a Forward Hearts story, or know of someone who survived a sudden cardiac arrest with the help of one of the qualifying AEDs, please share your story with us.
Stryker is committed to saving lives and making public access AEDs more readily available in the workplace and community. The donation of a defibrillator through the Forward Hearts program extends this lifesaving technology to even more people, offering many a better chance of survival in the case of sudden cardiac arrest.
How to submit a request
Immediately after a qualifying Stryker AED is used during an SCA, download the event data file from your AED.
Complete and submit the following to AEDEvent@Stryker.com:
• Event file (.evo for HeartSine AEDs or .pco for LIFEPAK AEDs)
• HeartSine AED customer event form (PDF) (with no identifying patient information), or
• LIFEPAK AED customer event form (PDF) (with no identifying patient information)
After the event is approved (met qualifications* and the information provided is complete), complete, sign and submit Forward Hearts Donation Details form (PDF)
- Event must be a sudden cardiac arrest to qualify. (Event is reviewed by Stryker Clinical team, whose decision is final.)
- Stryker must receive the original event file (.evo or .pco; pdf file will not be accepted) and Customer Event Report form.
- Patient must have survived until hospital admission.
- AED must be used in a non-professional rescue. (Out of hospital, in a workplace or community setting by a layperson rescuer.)
- Events in nursing homes, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, and fire departments are excluded from the program.
- Approve the donation (survivor must participate).
- Submit a signed Donation Details form.
- Choose organization for a donation (non-profit or for profit).
- Indicate if they would like publicize donation, with or without their name, or not publicize the donation (not promoted by Stryker or the distributor).
(Note: If the survivor provides an interview to media about the donation, the donation will no longer be considered anonymous or confidential).
- Indicate AED preference for donation: semi-auto HeartSine samaritan PAD 350P, or fully auto HeartSine samaritan PAD 360P.
- Not choose to donate the AED to themselves, another individual, or any healthcare provider or medical professional.