Emergency Care

3 simple rules for a heart-safe workplace

See safety in a new way with HeartSine connected AEDs

Working in the oil and gas industry, you’re already investing in safety training and first aid for both your employees and your customers.

But no matter how proactive you are, you may be missing one of the most life-threatening hidden dangers in the workplace—sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).

Unfortunately, SCA strikes with little time to react and even less time to think, so keeping an automated external defibrillator (AED) close by is essential.

Designed for simplicity and portability, Stryker’s HeartSine connected AEDs use the power of integrated wireless connectivity to provide remote readiness information and perform weekly self-tests—drastically reducing the expense and pressure on your employees to keep your devices ready to shock.

Apply these three simple rules when considering a new AED for your workplace:

  1. On-the-go versatility
    Whether you travel or work from an office, the device's smaller footprint accommodates limited space in an office, on the road, or in your vehicle.

  2. Rugged design for any work environment
    An IP56 rating offers the industry's highest level of protection against oil, dust, and water.

  3. User-friendly features
    Clear visual and voice prompts guide you through the entire CPR process, providing specific feedback on the rate of compressions.

When someone collapses from SCA, time is of the essence. Reducing response time by even one or two minutes from collapse to AED shock can mean the difference between death and survival.1 More than a simple AED, the HeartSine connected AEDs help rescuers save lives—no matter where you work.

Don’t forget one of the most important tools in your first aid kit.


1Mosesso Jr VN, et al. 2002. Proceedings of the National Center for Early Defibrillation Police AED Issues Forum. Prehospital Emergency Care. 6(3):273–82.

Fill out the form below to improve your technology today.

Complete the form below and we’ll connect you with your local representative.